What is the Linotype Sunburst™ font?
Linotype Sunburst is part of the Take Type Library, chosen from the contestants of Linotype’s International Digital Type Design Contests of 1994 and 1997. Designed by British artist Ed Bugg, Linotype Sunburst is a font which consistently avoids all that is round. The forms are angular and pointed with triangular serifs which seem almost like flags waving from the paper. This playful font could easily be associated with sun, sand and vacation. Linotype Sunburst is intended for headlines in large point sizes or short texts with medium point sizes, if used carefully.
Linotype Sunburst™ Font families
The Linotype Sunburst™ includes the following font families:
- Linotype Sunburst Pro East Regular
- Linotype Sunburst Pro West Regular
- Linotype Sunburst Pro East Heavy
- Linotype Sunburst Pro West Heavy
- Linotype Sunburst East Regular
- Linotype Sunburst East Heavy
- Linotype Sunburst West Regular
- Linotype Sunburst West Heavy
Linotype Sunburst™ Preview
Here is a preview of how Linotype Sunburst™ will look. For more previews using your own text as an example, click here.